Search for :       [Search Tips]
Injured or Sick Pets

If your OWN pet is injured or becomes ill, it is your responsibility to call a veterinarian.

Local veterinarians' phone numbers are listed in the yellow pages of the phone book under Veterinarians. For cases after your vet's normal hours, an emergency veterinary clinic provides care for sick or injured pets. To find an emergency clinic, please look in the yellow pages. There is also a list of local veterinarians on our website at

If you find a STRAY animal that is injured or sick, call Animal Control at (225) 774-7700 between eight a.m. and five p.m. If you find a badly injured or serously ill stray animal at night, on a weekend or on a holiday, call 911 and they will put you in touch with the animal control officer on duty.

For further information, call the Animal Control Center between eight a.m. and five p.m. Monday through Friday at (225) 774-7700

Back to Animals
Back to
Copyright © City of Baton Rouge/Parish of East Baton Rouge