Residents Businesses Visitors Government Search Directory Home
Office of the Parish Attorney

222 Saint Louis St.
Room 902
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
(225) 389-3114 Office
(225) 389-5554 Fax
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M-F

Lea Anne Batson
Parish Attorney

Line Break
Division Summary
Line Break
Office of Alcoholic Beverage Control and Gaming Enforcement
Line Break
City Prosecutor
Line Break
Line Break
Pretrial Diversion
Blue Bullet Pre-trial Traffic Diversion Program
  Blue Bullet Pre-trial Diversion Online Traffic School
  Blue Bullet Pre-trial Traffic Diversion FAQ's
Line Break
Line Break
  Risk Management
Line Break
Legal Services
Line Break
Adjudicated Property
Line Break
ABC Board Agenda This document is in PDF format.  Download the free viewer from 
Line Break
Code of Ordinances
Line Break


Welcome to the
East Baton Rouge Parish Attorney's Office

Pursuant to Section 11.01 of The Plan of Government of the Parish of East Baton Rouge and City of Baton Rouge, the mission of the Parish Attorney’s Office is to provide sound legal advice to the Metropolitan Council, the Mayor-President, and all departments, offices, and agencies appointed by or under the jurisdiction of any of the above.

For all Public Records Requests email to:
Act 654 This document is in PDF format.  Download the free viewer from

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the agent for service for the City of Baton Rouge and Parish of East Baton Rouge?

222 St. Louis Street, 3rd Floor
Baton Rouge City Hall

Also: The agent for any City-Parish department, i.e. Police, DPW, Fire, etc.

Who do I contact to file a claim?

F.A. Richard    (225) 293-2438
After Hours:    1-800-666-3439
Emergency Beeper Number:  (225) 377-3438

How do I get info on Adjudicated Property?

We can send you a packet or you can visit the Adjudicated Property Information page.

Do you accept personal checks for payment of an ABC license?

Payment for license may be made in cash, cashier’s check or money order, payable to the City and Parish Treasurer.

No Personal or business checks are accepted.

Do I have to have a permit to hold a raffle?

Yes, contact Gaming Enforcement at 389-5490

What is Pretrial Diversion?

Diversion is an opportunity for first time violators to get charges dismissed after completing program requirements. Cases may be rejected due to extreme violence or if problems appear to be beyond the scope of this program.

Why did I get a subpoena to appear in court?

You gave your name as a witness, complainant or victim to an incident

How do I get excused as a witness or placed on standby?

You should contact a prosecutor or investigator at the Prosecutor's Office 389-3119. with your request

How do I press charges or drop charges?

To press charges you need to make a complaint with the police department, get a file number, bring it along with a picture ID after 3 working days to the City Prosecutor’s Office. To drop charges, bring a picture ID along with as much of the case information available.