Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Certification
What is the purpose of SBE Certification?
- To grow small businesses in the City-Parish of East Baton Rouge.
- Prepare Small Business Enterprises (SBEs) to be competitive when competing for City-Parish contracts.
What SBE Certification means to your small business?
- You can bid on formal and informal City-Parish contracts;
- Your company information is included in the city-wide Vendor List;
- You’ll receive more frequent notices of contracting opportunities;
- Attend Doing Business with the City-Parish orientation;
- Networking events and opportunities;
- Business and technical assistance.
Applicants seeking SBE Certification must meet the following requirements:
- 51% or more of the applicant business must be owned by one or more “Eligible Owner(s);”
“Eligible Owner(s)” must have a Personal Net Worth under $1,320,000 (with exclusions),
Applicant businesses must be licensed and for profit;
Actively in business for one year;
Applicant business must perform a commercially useful function;
Applicant business cannot exceed the approved threshold size standards.
How to get your SBE Certification