|Client Services/Application Information
- Criminal Record Checks-Criminal Record Checks will be run on all applicants not currently
employed with the City-Parish Government, as well as those employees with less then six
months of service. These record checks will be run prior to candidates being eligible for
- Qualification Requirements-All
classified, City-Parish positions have minimum qualifications which must be met by all
applicants interested in employment. Please review the job posting for the position you
are interested in. If you do not have the specific minimum requirements, and wish to
discuss the equivalent combination of training and experience, please contact the
Recruitment staff at 389-3132.
- Document Falsification-City-Parish
applicants are expected to provide accurate and complete application information regarding
employment, education, criminal history, etc. Any misrepresentation of information will
disqualify applicants from employment consideration and subject current employees to
- All applications with a Friday deadline must be received in the Human Resources
Department no later than 1:00 p.m. Friday.
- Some positions are offered on a part-time basis. The annual salary
should be calculated by multiplying total hours worked by the hourly rate.
- Many clerical positions require typing and/or computer software skills
such as WordPerfect and Lotus. If you possess these abilities, you are advised to take our
skills testing as soon as possible. A monthly testing schedule is available from this site
or at the Recruitment Office.
- Walk-in written examinations are available on a first come-first serve
basis on most mornings and some afternoons. A monthly walk-in testing schedule is
available from this site or at the Recruitment Office.
- Classified City-Parish employees may apply at any time for any position
for which they qualify.
- Educational Requirements are met only through accredited institutions. Original education, certification and similar documents will be
required with employment applications. The Recruitment staff will make copies of your originals for attachment to your employment application. These documents must
be submitted with each application. If they are omitted, they will be reviewed for re-grading only if they are received in the Recruitment Office within thirty days of examination and/or application grading.
- A DD-214 and/or VA Disability letter is required to receive veteran's
preference points. These documents must be submitted with each application. If
they are omitted, they will be reviewed for re-grading only if they are received in the
Recruitment Office within thirty days of examination and/or application grading.
- All applicants and employees who have a Commercial Driver's License
should provide a copy of the license with each employment application submitted. You will
not be considered for positions requiring a CDL unless you have provided a copy of the
license to this office.
- All posted positions are full-time unless otherwise noted.
- A separate employment application must be submitted for each position.
- Applications are accepted Mondays-Thursdays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Fridays from 8