- Please contact the Site Coordinator,
Mr. Henry Stewart for more information at (225) 389-5464.
- Council on Aging Project Care Applications Site
- Office of Social Services (OSS) Quarterly Commodity Program
distribution of surplus government foods to eligible households
- OSS Low Income Home Entergy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
persons living within the designated zip codes of 70805 (some); 70811; 70812; 70818 (some) and 70739 (some) may contact the Office of Social Services located at the Charles R. Kelly Community Center for information at 225.357.5013
- OSS Rental/Mortgage Assistance (FEMA)
provides emergency assistance for families facing eviction or foreclosure and limited to one payment every 12 months
- OSS CSBG Emergency Assistance
assists with emergency utilities, rent/mortgage payments, and medications, documentation required.
- Food for Families (40 lbs.)
monthly food distribution to seniors meeting income guidelines. Food for Seniors
is sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of New Orleans. Must be 60 years of age to
qualify. 225.357-9099 or 1.800.522.3333.
- IRS VITA Program Site
volunteer tax preparation prepares free tax returns for low income individuals and families
- Emergency Food Pantry
provides food boxes to families in emergency situations
- Large multi-purpose rooms available for rent Visit Rental